Coronavirus: a message to HealthCare International members
We would like to address the questions many of you, our members, have concerning the coronavirus pandemic and HealthCare International medical cover.
International medical policies
- Medically necessary tests will be covered where the state/government will not pay but you must have pre-authorised approval
- Those admitted to hospital due to coronavirus will be covered, unless it is due to a pre-existing condition that has been excluded on their policy
- All other benefits are as per your policy's usual terms and conditions
- No claims related to coronavirus will be covered due to the general policy exclusion
- All other benefits are as per your policy's usual terms and condition
All medical insurance policy claims will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration location, current government protocols in each country as well as the member in question’s medical history and any specific exclusions on their policy.
HCI is here to help but we have had to make some changes to our organisation due to the coronavirus outbreak in order to maintain the level of customer service you expect from HealthCare International.
- HCI has activated its Business Continuity Plan and teams are now working remotely to protect the health of staff and members. Be assured that all data security protocols are still in place and your information is safe
- Claims lines (+44 (0)20 7590 8816 or 1-888-548-9793 toll-free in the USA) are open as usual 24/7, but due to a large number of calls you may be waiting longer than usual. We apologise for this delay and will answer all calls
- To help keep the phone lines open for those members who need to report very urgent claims and hospital admittances, please submit all queries and claims by email if possible and retain original invoices and receipts in case we require them at a later stage
- Use email@example.com for enquiries, firstname.lastname@example.org for all claims
- All emails to enquires will be responded to within 24 hours
- Please refrain from sending any claims or payment instructions via the post as we have no control over postal delays and may not have staff available to sign for couriered mail in the event of a lockdown
- Renewal notices, packs and cards will no longer be sent via post until further notice, but you will receive everything by email
If you have any questions please contact HCI at email@example.com and have your policy number to hand so we can assist you quickly and efficiently.
Further valuable information is available at the World Health Organization website, which is updated constantly. There is a lot of misinformation circulating on social media, and the World Health Organization is the authority. We recommend following their advice.
HCI wishes you well and encourages all members with renewals pending to confirm as promptly as possible so as not to interrupt your valuable cover and policy benefits during these challenging times. We thank you for your cooperation.